Saturday, April 25, 2009

Why a book?

My journey so far has been truly amazing. So much has changed in such a short space of time that my life sometimes seems surreal, but in the same breath I have never felt so grounded and fulfilled.

Dragging myself out of fourteen years of active addiction and a sub-human existence has given me great confidence and faith in my own abilities.

I feel I can do anything I put my mind to. The last couple of years have been a living nightmare but I have absolutely no regrets and I genuinely wouldn’t change a thing.

Some people might find this difficult to understand but in coming so close to death and almost losing my arms I sincerely appreciate my life and the freedom I now have from drugs.

My arms are no longer open wounds. They have healed very well but will still need extensive plastic surgery. 
I am hoping a doctor out there who learns about my plight may someday come forward and volunteer to work on my arms. It would be a wonderful gift.

The summer is coming and I would love to wear short sleeves again.

Everyday is a stark reminder of how out of control my addiction to drugs has been which naturally saddens me, but at the moment I’m just happy I still have my arms.

I hope I never forget where I’ve come from because my experiences are what make me who I am right now, if nothing else I have a lot of character and an interesting tale to tell.

1 comment: