Saturday, April 25, 2009

If I can do it anyone can


Learning to live without drugs after being dependent on them for so long is like being a baby again and the need to learn everything from scratch can be difficult. 

I’m extremely positive and excited about the future and the possibilities that are open to me. There are a lot of things I want to do.  

There is such a huge stigma attached to drug addicts but I want to try and create as much awareness as possible and to prevent the problem from always being swept under the carpet.

I am looking forward to so many things in the future but I’m even more content with how things are going right now.

The level of support and response to my plea for help was unbelievable which I’m eternally grateful for – it’s something I will never forget.

I’m even more grateful to those who doubted me because in times when I struggled to get off drugs and stay off them, I used those people who insisted I wouldn’t get clean as an incentive to push me to where I am now.

I feel really blessed to have the opportunity to share my experiences with people and if nothing else my story might have touched someone who is still suffering from addiction and give them the courage to become drug-free.

I was convinced I was destined to die from drugs yet I’m still here in one piece with everything to look forward to.

If I can do it anyone can.


1 comment: