Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday World

Big four-page spread in the Sunday World yesterday. It's great publicity for the book and the sort of exposure most new authors don't get.

It was, of course, the full tabloid treatment with big headlines, loads of pictures and as scandalising as they could make it. 

The headline spread across the first two pages read: "I could spend over 13 hours desperately trying to get the heroin into me. I sadistically found this ritual pleasurable."

The headline for pages three and four was: "My mum tore my cardigan off and swore at me... take a look at your f**king arms Rachael. Look at them."


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    You don't know me from adam, but I was reading about your story, and I was wondering how your arms are now>? I think I saw something or heard you on a radio show talking about how you didn't want the doctors to go near your arms?

    Anyhows, I also wanted to congratulate you. As someone who unfortunately has somebody right in the middle of the mess that drugs make, you're an inspiration and a cause for hope when somedays it feels like there is none.

    My very best wishes to you and yours,
    Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete