Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More publicity

Last week Sky News cameras followed me around Dublin as the book was launched. Its website has a page about me here

It also has a short news video with an interview here

There are some comments from Sky News viewers:

  • ""I find this statement by Rachael Keogh rather perplexing..... My priority even now is still to stay clean." This MUST be her EVERY DAY priority, for the rest of her life!! ""

    Thats a very harsh thing 2 say , cuz that priority SURE BEATS wanting to find drugs as an every day priority, i truley respect and honor those who go clean cuz it dose take courige and a sharp mind...not to bad for an addict. cheers shorts.

    Posted By :salahREPORT THIS
  • Completely pointless. She wouldn't have paid any attention to such a book when she was an addict.
    Posted By :MarkREPORT THIS
  • Rachel is trying to open peoples minds to the actual horror of a drug addiction, hopefully this book will save the lives of some people that choose that path. Drugs are now available and accessable more then ever and no ones family or friends are untouchable.

    Well done rachel for getting clean, I am looking foward to Reading your book and I hope you have the strength to enjoy a healthy lifestyle with your child.

3 comments:

  1. Any publicity is good publicity Rachel. I saw you on Sky News and I thought it was very good piece, and that you came across well. Hopefully the book will sell well and you'll get the film deal too!

    Sarah P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read your book rachael, and .. well.. wow. i mean. wow. it was actualli AMAZING, i used to live in dublin myself but then later moved to n.ireland were i am now, and i was recently at the new ikea in ballymun, as me ans my family take regular trips to dublin, and i was sitting , eating, and looking out the window at the ballymun towers, and was just totally fixed on it, for ages and i just thought, my god, u trully are an amazing and inspiring person. ur book was FANTASTIC, none of this rubbish..'aw yea it was brill',

    rachael, ill b honest, it trullely was the most brilliant thing i have every read. please write back to me it would be EXTREMELY appriciated, it really would, thanks so much. xox (mail me, my address is) my-courgette@hotmail.com thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is me again, i posted the comment above, sorry, i forgot to mention, my name is Alan Dea. please mail me. thanks xox

    ReplyDelete